For a limited time only, this app is totally free.
In the next few months we anticipate some content being locked and only made available to subscribers. Enjoy the free content while it lasts.
A Subscription to Aviation4SA (A4SA) is your ticket to legislative compliance. For a small
annual fee you will get access to our library of South African Aviation legislation.
We have AIC’s, AIP’s, CATS and CARs, Acts, amendments and also proposed amendments available on A4SA.
Even better, you’ll be able to access additional features and benefits listed below.
Armed with the A4SA app on your phone, tablet, and computer, you’ll never be stunned with a dumb, ignorant look again.
Have a few questions? We thought you might! We’ve answered some of the most common ones below.
What makes Aviation4SA uniquely different from other companies
How to contact us?
Is all this legislation available off line?
How often is the content updated?
Does Aviation4SA have permission to republish and distribute legislation?
How do I know what has changed in the Legislation?
Why are there different versions (Diamond and Platinum) of the Aviation4SA App?
Can I try it before I buy it?
What are the benefits of subscribing?
How do I subscribe?
How do I make payment?
How often do I pay for this subscription?
What does it cost to subscribe?
Will my membership automatically renew?
Can I transfer my subscription to someone else?
How do I know if my legislation is up to date?
Does it work on all devices?
Is Aviation4SA POPI compliant?
What Content is available on Aviation4SA?
Why are there spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and cases of mis-numbering?
What happens to my subscription if my mobile number changes?
The app is slow to install and seems like it hangs?
Our mobile app (Aviation4SA - Diamond) is available as a free download for both IOS and Android Smartphones and tablets
from their respective App stores.
- We focus and specialise in the provision of Aviation Legislation content
- Specific to South Africa
- The information provided is crucial to operate safely in South African
- The content is:
- Consolidated, current and cross-referenced legislation
- Available off-line, electronically and automatically updated
- Easily accessible and easy to use
- The following content is available to you in the library:
- SA-CATS & CARs
- Acts, Rules and Regulations
- Charges, Fees, Taxes and Agreements
- Amendments and proposed amendments
- AIC's and AIP's
- Covid-19 Aviation Related Legislation, and
- SACAA Communique, Guidelines and Notices
- Unique features and functionality:
- Each Technical Standard and its Regulation are combined into one
- The most recent amendments are highlighted in yellow for quick and
- Incorrect references and errors are highlighted for you - making
it easy to navigate
- No more time-consuming amendments
- No more wasting paper
- No more waiting for the latest amendments to arrive in the post
A Windows version is available for
download. Links are available on the Aviation4SA website.
Yes. When you download the app and register your profile,
the whole content library is automatically downloaded
to your device making it instantly and always available offline.
No internet connection is required to access the Content after completion of
the download. Dependng on your connection speed, initial downloads may take
a while. This is because it is downloading over 500 documents with a
combined size of close to 600mb.
AIC’s: AIC changes usually happen monthly.
AIP’s: Amendments to AIP’s are issued every 3 months by the SACAA at the following predetermined intervals: 15 January, 15 April, 15 July and 15 October.
Legislation: Aviation4SA is continually monitoring various Government websites and also the SACAA website. As soon as
we find or are notified of any changes to Aviation Legislation, we update the app.
Proposed amendments: When proposed amendments are published for public comment, we make them available on the app.
The weekly email keeps you updated with any regulatory changes that impact
the aviation community. You can also access the "legislative changes" section
on the website and in the app to see a historic list of legislative changes.
Follow our social media pages on
LinkedIn to keep you
updated with additional Industry news.
Legislative content appearing in Government Gazettes, or other official publications made available to the public and in the public domain can be reproduced without restriction and are not subject to copyright. Aviation4SA has however engaged with Government printing works (GPW) and has the authorisation:
“Reproduced under Government Printer’s Authorisation (Authorisation No. 118010) dated 21 February 2019.”
Changes are easily identifiable in the content section by
Only the latest changes are noted in the content with yellow highlighting. This makes it easier for you to quickly and easily see what has changed.
Once a subsequent amendment has taken place, the highlighted text is removed, so you can quickly identify and keep up to date with the latest changes.
Via email - A weekly email is sent to subscribers informing them of changes.
Via social media - Please follow our Facebook and LinkedIn pages for industry news and updates to Aviation Legislation.
Recent changes - The "Legislative Changes" section
lists the legislative changes that have taken place with the most recent change at the top of the list.
The app is available for Android, IOS and Windows, making it easy for you to access the content on any device. Android and IOS each have a Diamond version and a Platinum version.
The Diamond version. This version has been developed with an initial trial period so you can try it before you buy it. During this trial period all contents is available, accessible and functional for free.
During this trial period the Diamond version has exactly the same functionality as the Platinum version. After this trial period, some functionality is removed and is only made available to subscribers in the Platinum version.
You will need to subscribe and purchase the Platinum version to ensure full functionality.
The Platinum version. To continue with the full functionality of the app you will need to purchase the Platinum version which includes a 12 month subscription.
The Windows version. Links to the windows version are available on the Aviation4SA webpage
https://www.aviation4sa.co.za. This version also has a free trial period. To restore full functionality after the trial
ends, payment is required through our third party payment partners.
Yes. We don’t expect you to pay for something you haven’t experienced yet.
"Diamond" version of the app is free to download. After you have created
your profile, you can access all the content for free for the first 30 days.
After the 30 day period some functionality is disabled. Please navigate to
the "Subscribe" section in the menu for directions on how to restore full
The "Platinum" version of the app is required to be purchased to restore and ensure full functionality. Subscriptions run for a period of 12 months.
You can cancel your subscription by navigating to the IOS App Store or Android Play Store and following their instructions. You will still have access to the subscriber content until your subscription expiry date.
The Windows version automatically terminates after 12 months and you will be required to purchase an annual subscription each year.
As a professional, it makes sense to have access to aviation legislation 24/7, without the hassle of requiring an internet connection. Subscribers have access to a whole lot more features and functionality.
Most importantly you will have access to the most up to date Aviation Legislation that is available now, offline and ready to access immediately. Now that’s a bargain.
In addition you will be notified of legislative changes. This is very convenient and saves you time and effort searching various websites looking for changes.
All the features, content and functionality is available automatically for the first 30 days after registering your profile. After the free trial period, you will need to subscribe to retain full functionality.
It is very easy to subscribe.
Navigate to the “Subscribe” section in the menu and follow the prompts.
Flexible payment solutions make it easy for you to subscribe and make
- Through the App (Android and IOS) - Depending on which
device you have, you will be directed to either the IOS App Store or the
Android Play Store. Payment takes place directly with Apple or Android.
- Through the App (Windows) - You will receive a
smart SMS or a website link that
will provide payment options. You will be directed to your choice of either
Payfast or OZOW - Fast, Efficient and Reliable. These methods make it easy
for you to transact without a card. You can also use a Visa or Master Card,
instant EFT or Zapper.
Once Aviation4SA is notified of your successful payment you will have
access to the full library usually instantly, but if not, it will certainly be
available the next working day.
If you are a large company or organisation or wish to make use of
EFT please contact us for a quick and easy onboarding process
for your staff at
After the initial 30 day trial period, an annual subscription is necessary to ensure full functionality.
You can cancel your subscription by navigating to the IOS App Store or
the Android Play Store. You will still have access to the subscriber content until your subscription expiry
The first 30 days are free if you want to check it out first to see what you would be missing out on if you didn’t sign up.
It costs only R2000 per annum and includes unlimited updates,
downloads and enhancements.
Your subscription allows you to register any 3 devices to a single person, making it easy to access the information on your desktop/laptop, tablet and/or smartphone.
If you are an Organisation or a large group, we do offer preferential
pricing. Contact us for more details at
On Android and IOS, your subscription will automatically renew annually until you cancel with the appropriate app store. The Windows version has to be physically renewed annually.
Yes - you can. Just contact us
with all relevant details to coordinate the transfer to the other person.
The app checks for updates every time it is opened
and you tap synchronise. If updates are available, you will be notified, ensuring that you have the most up to date versions of the legislation at all times.
To manually check for updates, please select the “Synchronise” button.
The content is available for your PC, Tablet or smartphone, on IOS and Android.
You can register any 3 devices to a single person, making it easy to access
the information on your desktop/laptop, tablet and/or smartphone.
POPI refers to South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act.
This law regulates the Processing of Personal Information. A4SA is proudly compliant.
We will do everything in our power to protect your data and we will never share your information without your permission.
1) Technical Standards and Regulations (SA-CATS and CARs)
2) Amendments and proposed amendments
- Air Services Licencing Act No. 115 of 1990
- Airports Company Act No. 44 of 1993
- Air Traffic and Navigation Services Company Act No. 45 of 1993
- Carriage by Air Act No. 17 of 1946
- Civil Aviation Act No.13 of 2009
- Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment Act No. 4 of 2007
- Convention on The International Recognition of Rights in Aircraft Act No. 59 of 1993
- International Air Services Act No. 60 of 1993
- Shipping and Civil Aviation Laws Rationalisation Act 28 of 1994
- South African Airways Act No. 5 of 2007
- South African Civil Aviation Authority Levies Act No. 41 of 1998
- South African Express Act No. 34 of 2007
- South African Maritime And Aeronautical Search and Rescue Act No. 44 of 2002
- South African Weather Services Act 8 of 2001
|4) Rules and Regulations
- Airport Slot Coordination Regulations, 2012
- Civil Aviation Aircraft Passenger Safety Charge Regulations 2010
- Domestic Air Services Regulations, 1991 (Combined with Air Services Licencing Act)
- International Air Services Regulations, 1994 (Combined with International Air Services Act)
- Mortgaging of Aircraft Regulations 1997 (Combined with Convention on the International Recognition of Rights in Aircraft Act)
- Regulations to govern proceedings of the regulating committee of ACSA and ATNS (Combined with Act 44 (ACSA) and Act 45 (ATNS))
- Regulations regarding fees for the provision of aviation meteorological services (Combined with South African Weather Services Act)
- Agreement Entered into By and Between ICASA and SACAA
- Performance agreement between the Minister of Transport, Civil Aviation Authority Board and the Director of Civil Aviation
|6) Charges, Fees and Taxes
- Air Passenger Tax
- Air Traffic Service Charges
- Airport Charges
- Aviation Meteorological Services Fees
- Notification of determination made by the SACAA to impose a fuel levy on the sale of Aviation fuel
|7) AIC's and AIP's
8) Miscellaneous legislation and reference documents
- FAA – Aviation Instructors Handbook
- FAA – Instrument Procedures Handbook
- FAA – Pilots handbook of aeronautical Knowledge
- FAA – Upset recovery training
- ICAO – annexes (overview)
- Dangerous Goods (Table 2.3a)
- Conventions (Cape Town, Chicago, Montreal and Tokyo)
- COVID-19 Legislation (Regulations and Directions, SACAA
|9) Emergency (SOS) - Consists of urgent and important information
- What to do in case of a radio failure, hijacking, medical emergency, aircraft accident or incident
- Details on Mayday SA
- Other titbits of information crucial to safe operations
Aviation4SA has reproduced the legislation exactly as it has been promulgated.
Unfortunately the reproducing of legislation needs to include the errors as promulgated.
Where the errors are obvious we have noted this as a comment.
There have been a few instances where very obvious spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and even some numbering have been corrected by us.
This is to provide the reader with less confusing material.
In the case if a legal dispute or differences between the content on A4SA and promulgated legislation, the promulgated legislation shall prevail.
Subscription and verification is based on your mobile number.
If your mobile number has changed or is about to change, please contact us so that we can update your profile with your new number.
You can email us at
support@aviation4SA.co.za providing us with the following information: Old mobile number, new mobile number and your name.
We will then update your profile with the new mobile number so that when you reinstall the app – it will all work seamlessly.
After creating your profile, the next step is to download the library. Depending on your connection speed initial downloads may take a while. This is because it is downloading over 500 documents with a combined size of close