For a limited time only, this app is totally free.
In the next few months we anticipate some content being locked and only made available to subscribers. Enjoy the free content while it lasts.
A Subscription to A4SA is your ticket to legislative compliance. For a small
annual fee, you’ll get access to our library of South African Aviation legislation.
We have AIC’s, AIP’s, CATS and CARS, ACTS, amendments and also proposed amendments available on A4SA.
Even better, you’ll be able to access additional features and benefits listed below.
Armed with the A4SA app on your phone, tablet, and computer, you’ll never be stunned with a dumb, ignorant look again.
Have a few questions? We thought you might! We’ve answered some of the most common ones below.
What makes A4SA uniquely different from other companies?
How to contact us?
Is all this legislation available off line?
How often is the content updated?
Does Aviation4SA have permission to republish and distribute legislation?
How do I know what has changed in the Legislation?
Can I try it before I buy it?
What are the benefits of subscribing?
How do I subscribe?
How do I make payment?
How often do I pay for this subscription?
What does it cost to subscribe?
Will my membership automatically renew?
Can I cancel or turn off recurring billing at any time?
Can I transfer my subscription?
How do I know if my legislation is up to date?
Does it work on all devices?
Is Aviation4SA POPI compliant?
What Content is available on Aviation4SA?
Why are there spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and cases of mis-numbering?
What happens to my subscription if my mobile number changes?
Our mobile app is available as a free download for both IOS and Android Smartphones and tablets and also
downloadable for your computer.
- We specialise in the provision of Aviation Legislation content
- Specific to South Africa
- Consolidated, current and cross-referenced legislation
- Available off-line, electronically and automatically updated
- SA-CATS & CAR's
- Acts, Rules and Regulations
- Agreements, Charges, Fees and Taxes
- Amendments and proposed amendments
- AIC's and AIP's
- Each Technical Standard and its Regulation are combined into one
- The most recent amendments are highlighted in yellow for quick and
- No more time-consuming amendments
- No more wasting paper
- No more waiting for the latest amendments to arrive in the post
Yes. When you download the app and register your profile all content is automatically downloaded
to your device making it instantly and always available offline.
AIC’s: AIC changes usually happen monthly. As soon as changes take place we update the AIC section.
AIP’s: Amendments to AIP’s are issued every 3 months by the SACAA at the following predetermined intervals: 15 January, 15 April, 15 July and 15 October.
Legislation: Aviation4SA is continually monitoring various Government websites and also the SACAA website. As soon as there are changes to any Aviation Legislation, we update the app. This includes, SA-CATS and CARS, ACTS, and Regulations.
Proposed amendments: When proposed amendments are published for public comment, we make them available on the app.
You will be notified via email when changes take place. You can also access the recent changes section to see a list of changes affecting the industry. Signup to our Facebook page to keep you updated with all the above changes and also Industry news.
Legislative content appearing in Government Gazettes, or other official publications made available to the public and in the public domain can be reproduced without restriction and are not subject to copyright. Aviation4SA has however engaged with Government printing works (GPW) and has the authorisation:
“Reproduced under Government Printer’s Authorisation (Authorisation No. 118010) dated 21 February 2019.”
Changes are easily identifiable in a number of ways:
In the content section:
Recent changes- The recent changes section on the app and on the website lists the changes that have taken place in date order with the most recent change at the top of the list.
- By coloured highlighted yellow text or
- Vertical Revision Indicator Lines on the right hand side of the text
Only the latest changes are noted in the content with yellow highlighting. This makes it easier for you to quickly and easily see what has changed.
Once a subsequent amendment has taken place, the previous revision indicators or highlighted text is removed, so you can quickly identify and keep up to date with the latest changes.
Via email - An email is sent to subscribers informing them of changes.
Via Facebook - You can also like our Facebook page for industry news and updates to Aviation Legislation.
Yes. We don’t expect you to pay for something you haven’t experienced yet.
The app is free to download. After you have registered your details and created your profile, you can access
all the content for free for the first 30 days.
In order to subscribe, please navigate to the “Subscribe” section in the menu.
You can cancel your subscription at any time by selecting “Cancel Subscription”.
If “Cancel Subscription” is activated at least two (2) business days before payment date, no further deductions will be made. You will still have access to the subscriber content until your subscription expiry date.
Subscribers have access to a whole lot more features and functionality. Most importantly you will have access to the most up to date Acts, Regulations, SA-CATS and CARS, amendments and proposed amendments.
Now that’s a bargain.
All the features, content and functionality is available to everyone
automatically for the first 30 days when you register your profile. After
the free trial period, you will need to subscribe for full functionality. It
is very easy to subscribe.
Navigate to the “Subscribe” section in the menu and follow the prompts.
You can subscribe and make payment through the app or via the website. We accept the following payment options:
Master Card, Visa, Debit Cards, instant EFT, Zapper, Snapscan, and conventional EFT’s.
Please contact us if you wish to use an alternate method of payment.
Access to the subscriber content is usually instant, but of not, it will certainly be available the next working day.
An annual subscription is available. Payments are automatic and will continue until you stop them, which is very easy to do.
You can cancel at any time - if “Cancel Subscription” is activated at least two (2) business days before payment date, no further deductions will be made.
You will still have access to the subscriber content until your subscription expiry date.
- The first 30 days are free if you want to check it out first to see what you would be missing out on if you didn’t sign up.
- It costs only R999 per annum and includes unlimited updates and downloads.
- Your subscription allows you to register any 3 devices to a single person, making it easy to access the information on your desktop, laptop, tablet and/or smartphone.
- If you are an organisation or a group of 20 or more aviators, we do offer bulk discounts. Contact us for more details.
Your subscription automatically renews annually unless cancelled at least 2
business days before the expiry date.
Your subscription can be managed and auto-renewal can be turned off at any time.
You can do this by selecting “Cancel subscription” in the main menu.
Of course you can. If you are leaving the industry, the country or in the unlikely event that you find a better product, you can cancel
your subscription on your profile page by selecting “cancel subscription”.
We will no longer bill you, and you will still have access to the content until your subscription ends.
Once you have cancelled your subscription it won’t be automatically renewed at the end of your subscription period.
Your account will then revert to its free features.
Annual subscribers can consider transferring the remaining subscription to another person.
Please contact us to coordinate the transfer.
It will be sad to see you go, but we understand that sometimes we have to say “goodbye”.
That's why we make it easy to cancel your subscription.
To cancel or to turn off recurring billing for your A4SA subscription:
- On the menu page select “My Profile”. At the bottom of the page select “Cancel Subscription”.
- Once you have followed the prompts, you should receive a confirmation email to the email address
registered in your profile.
Yes - you can if you are an annual subscriber. Just contact us to coordinate the transfer to the other person.
The app checks for updates every time it is opened. If updates are available, you will be notified, ensuring that you have the most up to date versions of the legislation at all times.
To manually check for updates, please select the “Synchronise” button.
The content is available for your PC, Tablet or smartphone, on IOS and Android.
Your subscription allows you to register any 3 devices to a single person, making it easy to access the information on your desktop, laptop,
Mac, tablet and/or smartphone.
POPI refers to South Africa’s Protection of Personal Information Act.
This law regulates the Processing of Personal Information. A4SA is proudly compliant.
We will do everything in our power to protect your data and we will never share your information without your permission.
1) Technical Standards and Regulations (SA-CATS and CARS)
2) Amendments and proposed amendments
- Air Services Licencing Act No. 115 of 1990
- Airports Company Act No. 44 of 1993
- Air Traffic and Navigation Services Company Act No. 45 of 1993
- Carriage by Air Act No. 17 of 1946
- Civil Aviation Act No.13 of 2009
- Convention on International Interests in Mobile Equipment Act No. 4 of 2007
- Convention on The International Recognition of Rights in Aircraft Act No. 59 of 1993
- International Air Services Act No. 60 of 1993
- Shipping and Civil Aviation Laws Rationalisation Act 28 of 1994
- South African Airways Act No. 5 of 2007
- South African Civil Aviation Authority Levies Act No. 41 of 1998
- South African Express Act No. 34 of 2007
- South African Maritime And Aeronautical Search and Rescue Act No. 44 of 2002
- South African Weather Services Act 8 of 2001
|4) Rules and Regulations
- Airport Slot Coordination Regulations, 2012
- Civil Aviation Aircraft Passenger Safety Charge Regulations 2010
- Domestic Air Services Regulations, 1991 (Combined with Air Services Licencing Act)
- International Air Services Regulations, 1994 (Combined with International Air Services Act)
- Mortgaging of Aircraft Regulations 1997 (Combined with Convention on the International Recognition of Rights in Aircraft Act)
- Regulations to govern proceedings of the regulating committee of ACSA and ATNS (Combined with Act 44 (ACSA) and Act 45 (ATNS))
- Regulations regarding fees for the provision of aviation meteorological services (Combined with South African Weather Services Act)
- Agreement Entered into By and Between ICASA and SACAA
- Performance agreement between the Minister of Transport, Civil Aviation Authority Board and the Director of Civil Aviation
|6) Charges, Fees and Taxes
- Air Passenger Tax
- Air Traffic Service Charges
- Airport Charges
- Aviation Meteorological Services Fees
- Notification of determination made by the SACAA to impose a fuel levy on the sale of Aviation fuel
|7) AIC's and AIP's
8) Miscellaneous legislation and reference documents
- FAA – Aviation Instructors Handbook
- FAA – Instrument Procedures Handbook
- FAA – Pilots handbook of aeronautical Knowledge
- FAA – Upset recovery training
- ICAO – annexes (overview)
- Dangerous Goods (Table 2.3a)
- Conventions (Cape Town, Chicago, Montreal and Tokyo)
|9) Emergency (SOS) - Consists of urgent and important information
- What to do in case of a radio failure, hijacking, medical emergency, aircraft accident or incident
- Details on Mayday SA
- Other titbits of information crucial to safe operations
Aviation4SA has reproduced the legislation exactly as it has been promulgated.
Unfortunately the reproducing of legislation needs to include the errors as promulgated.
Where the errors are obvious we have noted this as a comment.
There have been a few instances where very obvious spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and even some numbering has been corrected by us.
This is to provide the reader with less confusing material.
In the case if a legal dispute or differences between the content on A4SA and promulgated legislation, the promulgated legislation shall prevail.
Subscription and verification is based on your mobile number.
If your mobile number has changed or is about to change, please contact us so that we can update your profile with your new number.
You can email us at
support@aviation4SA.co.za providing us with the following information: Old mobile number, new mobile number and your name.
We will then update your profile with the new mobile number so that when you reinstall the app – it will all work seamlessly.